Possible reasons for failing to connect to server
If you failed to connect to server, please check your computer as following:
- Whether the administrator opened the database file without connecting to server.
- When the administrator sets password for the shared file without connecting to server, whether he or she selects It may be accessed simultaneously by multiple users.
- Whether the LAN is connected.
- Whether the Windows Firewall allows EfficientPIM and Firebird to communicate through.
- Whether you uncheck "Allow users connect to server via Internet (Remote access)" in the window of Efficient Organizer Server, which is checked by default? (Generally, Efficient Organizer Server has been minimized to system tray)
- Whether the server computer connect to VPN service? If it does, please disconnect to VPN and try again.
- Whether you enabled UPnP in Router Setting.
- Sometimes, Internet Service Provider (ISP) has assigned a LAN IP address to your internet instead of an Internet IP address. You can ask ISP for a free Internet IP address in this way, "I want to make one of my computers as a Server computer so that I can connect to this server via Internet, please make my IP address as an Internet IP address."
This article is also suitable for Efficient Man's Organizer, Efficient Lady's Organizer, Efficient Reminder, Efficient Address Book, Efficient Notes, Efficient Diary, Efficient Password Manager, Efficient Calendar, Efficient To-Do List, and Efficient Sticky Notes.